Feb 18 , 2020
What are the most important criteria when it comes to chocolate cake? Well for me it's 1. It has to be gooey, a dry chocolate cake is not my thing 2. It has to be easy and quick, when you get a chocolate cake craving you really don't want to wait too long, you want that cake now, right? So yes these criteria are pretty important, but if the cake is also nice to look at it's a bonus, and if the decoration only takes about 5 minutes, even better. The first time I tasted this cake was when I just had my son, a good friend brought it to her first visit to see the baby.
And I was completely mind-blown over how delicious it was, so I, of course, asked for the recipe, and found out it was so easy to make, literally piece of cake ;-)
The recipe contains a few tablespoons balsamic vinegar, I still don't know why but my friend said it is important to put it in, even though you cannot taste it. So, of course, I never forget to add it, even though it has me wondering every time I bake it. But she got the recipe from a family member, and you can't mess with family recipes, right?
So here is my go-to cake I always make when I am having guests or you know, just have a craving.
Ingredients for Quick Chocolate Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1,9 cups/ 5,5 deciliter sugar
- 0,7 cups/ 150 gram butter
- 1,6 cups/ 3,6 deciliter all-purpose flour
- 6 tbs. dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- For decoration: whipped cream and berries
Cooking supplies used and recommended for this recipe:
Recipe continues after the photo:
DON'T FORGET TO PIN THIS AMAZING RECIPE FOR LATER
Method for Quick Chocolate Cake
- Pre-heat the oven for 392 F/200 C
- Melt the butter, let it cool of a bit
- Whip eggs and sugar, nice and airy in a mixer.
- Mix in the melted butter
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, vanilla, and cocoa.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer.
- Add balsamic vinegar.
- Put baking paper in a springform and pour the dough in the springform.
- Put the cake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. The only time this cake has ever been a disappointment was when it gave it too much time in the oven, so keep an eye on it and use a toothpick, because it gets dry if it gets too long time in the oven. The secret here is, rather too little than too much time.
- Let it cool off for a while and whip up a batch of whipped cream, throw some of your favorite berries on it and you got yourself a delicious, beautiful and quick chocolate cake.
What are your favorite cake? Are you a chocolate addict like me, or are you more of a pie-person? Let me know in the comments and let me know if there are some recipes you would like to see on the blog?
This blog post contains affiliate links: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission, at no expense to you.
I only link to products I use myself and that I can truly recommend. By earning money, on affiliate links, I can afford the equipment I use to develop my recipes. Thank you in advance for supporting me and my recipe-passion project aka this blog!
DON'T FORGET TO PIN THIS DELICIOUS BABY FOR YOUR NEXT CHOCOLATE CRAVING